Wednesday, June 8, 2011

wave a white flag

by Elvis Costello

"take off your shoes
hang up your wings
stack up the chairs
roll up the rug
savor the things
that sobriety brings
drainin' the last from a jug

but when I hit the bottle
there's no telling what I'll do
there's something deep inside me
wants to turn you black and blue
I can't resist you
I can't wait
To twist your loving arms
till you capitulate

beat me in the kitchen
and I'll beat you in the hall
there's nothing I love better
than a free for all
to take your pretty neck
and see which way it bends
but when it is all over
we will still be friends

wave a white flag
put away the pistol
too many people just can't get kissed
but if there's nothing I can do
to make amends, baby,
hope you don't murder me, gee baby,
hope you don't murder me"



No comments:

Post a Comment